Monday, April 25, 2011

Brainwashed

This blog is in response to "Brainwashed" by Seth Godin. One layer is titled "Acknowledge the Lizard". The 'Brain Lizard' is our set instinct to give in to society's critiques. It wants us to cower away from creativity when our creativity is laughed at. I believe this is one of the most common ways people become less creative. Even though you might be laughed at, you must suppress the 'Brain Lizard' and become creative.

Another layer is titled "Make Art." It talks about how art doesn't follow guidelines. Art is where people create the uncreated. Art must be created, despite the risks that society might not like it. But art should not be created for society. I believe that art should be created for the sake of creating art and doing things that have never been done before.

These two layers might be in some way related to the blog I am writing this quarter. I must always "Acknowledge the Lizard" when I write my blog posts. I know that these posts can be viewed by the world, and they might completely disagree with my opinions. I have to look past that and write what I truly believe. And that is how my blogs relate to the second layer, "Make Art". Everything I write here has never been written before. All of my words are original. It is all my art. I believe this blog is very much related to the two layers I have examined here.

Lastly, this is the song i created in GarageBand using loops. It is very funky. I have titled it "Funky Blimp".


/div>

No comments:

Post a Comment